About Seashells & Sawdust
Seashells & Sawdust is a vintage home and salvage store. We have vintage furniture, collectibles, and accessories for your home. We only use the best paint for our pieces: Miss Mustard Seed Milk Pant.
The proprietor of this company is Shannon Rose. She is a mother of 5 and has an amazing husband. Seashells and sawdust is practically her sixth child. She works day and night to keep it going successfully. Driving up and down the central coast to get furniture to refurbish and beautify, she is always busy. Come and see what we have in each of our locations!
What is the difference between Milk Paint and Chalk Paint?
These are two totally different kinds of paint. Both have advantages and disadvantages and can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some of the similarities and differences…
- Milk Paint comes in powdered form and needs to be mixed with water. Chalk Paint is sold in a tradition liquid quart.
- Milk Paint has great adhesion on raw wood that will never chip/peel or fade. Add the bonding agent on previously finished surfaces to improve adhesion. Chalk Paint has great adhesion on most any surface without the addition of a bonding agent.
- Milk Paint will show wood grain in most cases and can be used as a stain. Chalk Paint is thicker and covers wood grain in most cases.
- Milk Paint can be distressed and/or crackled and will resist some finishes giving an authentic chippy, aged look. Chalk Paint can be distressed and crackled, but will not chip.
- Milk Paint is a 100% natural, zero VOC paint that is completely biodegradable and non toxic.